Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Imperial Palace on 2nd Jan? 2007/12/4 08:31
Was told it is one of the days that we'll able to see the Royal family greeting the public and the inner grounds are open to public. Has anyone (non-Japanese) visited that. Is this a valuable Tourist experince, the Palace overwhelming? What time do they (Emperor/Family) normally come out on that day?
by John Zee  

... 2007/12/4 09:01
Has anyone (non-Japanese) visited that.

Yes, I have been there.

Is this a valuable Tourist experince

I found it a good experience. If you are in the area on January 2 and have a certain interest in the Imperial Family, then I think it is worth a visit.

the Palace overwhelming?

No.

What time do they (Emperor/Family) normally come out on that day?

It is mentioned here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2276.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Imperial palace 2007/12/4 13:18

check photos on www.pbase.com/sunflowerimaging/
imperial_palace_
I don't think that it is possible to go inside the Imperial palace itself (unlike Buckingham palace and Windsor castle for example)
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

On the 1st? 2007/12/5 00:40
Hi,

I thought it was January that you could visit. Am I wrong here though - is it the 1st and 2nd now, or is it not open on the 1st? I had a quick dig around the net and most references were for the 1st. Any pointers much appreciated though, thanks.
by Paul rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/5 09:13
It gets opened on January 2nd.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread