Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

SMS by cell phone 2007/12/4 17:56
if we rent a cell phone in Japan, can we send sms to the country out of Japan. Thanks
by budi  

SMS 2007/12/5 23:55
In Japan the phones have e-mail rather than SMS texting- you will be able to send to / receive from other phones in Japan as well as computers in Japan and abroad, but not to/ from phones abroad.
The e-mail address is linked to the phone number (e.g. renta1234@softbank.ne.jp ). You will not be able to receive/send e-mails using your regular e- mail address.

by Peter rate this post as useful

email instead of SMS 2007/12/6 00:34
Does it mean that if i rent a SIM card from Vodaphone at the airport, people will be abl;e to email me to my cell inbox? tks
by Riod rate this post as useful

non-Japan cell phone 2007/12/6 17:41
Riot,
did you check your hardware ( the cellphone itself ) will work in Japan. Most will not as Japan has a unique system.
by Peter rate this post as useful

locked? 2007/12/7 01:31
And to add to what Peter said... make sure your phone is not locked to your network. Even if your phone does support UTMS 2100 (frequency in Japan) it may not allow you to use a SIM from another carrier.
by Robyn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread