Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asago and Takeda Fortress 2007/12/4 19:42
Have discovered that Takeda Fortress is very beautiful and seems it is worth to go there.

Would like to know how to go there? Is is easy accessible? BTW, I am from HK

Many Thanks
by Natalie Chan  

Takeda castle 2007/12/5 14:12

please check www.hyogo-tourism.jp/english/
castle_town/sample_itinerary/
takeda.html ot just google Takeda castle.

the site is beautiful but the castle is only a few ruined walls and it takes the best part of a day just for to go there and back. You might prefer to visit other castles that are better preserved.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Asago and Takeda Fortress 2007/12/5 15:41
Many Thanks!!!
by Natalie Chan rate this post as useful

There is no . . . 2007/12/6 08:10
. . . train line to Takeda City, therefore it's best visited via rental car, particularly if you are crossing Kyushu to get to the east coast.

Is Takeda Castle actually the fortress associated with his lore? I'm not sure.

As far as castle walls go, it's one of the more impressive ones in Japan because it is high atop a ridge and the castle must have been huge. There are a couple of other things to see in Takeda under the classic category of 'castle town'. You can walk from the castle to the other sites. If you like off-the-beaten path, it's a good place to visit together with Kitsuki Town in Oita.

I'm not sure it's the case with Takeda, but many castles were purposely destroyed during the Meiji revolution, so all that's left are walls and moats. Tsuwano and I think Matsuzaka fall in this category.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Asago and Takeda Fortress 2007/12/6 16:23
Thanks Clevor!

I don't know driving, is it ok to go there by train?
Is it good season to visit there in Jun?

I wanna to spend 2-3 days, is it long enough?

Many Thanks
by Natalie Chan rate this post as useful

Here's some info . . . 2007/12/7 08:08
. . . on Takeda (which is called Taketa on some maps).

http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/regional/oita/bungotakeda...

Actually there is a train line that runs right through the town (Hohi Line). I guess I missed it since I went there by rental car.

Nope, one day or half day is plenty and that's mainly due to all the walking.

Besides a shrine and temple there is a cave where Christians holed up (good luck finding it), small earthen wall district, poet's house, city museum. I recall the temples are known for some architecture detail and the town for a local dish or food as I recall trying to find a restaurant with no luck.

confused 2007/12/7 08:22
Are we talking Takeda in Hyogo (N of Kobe) or Takeda in Kyushu (Bungo Takeda)?

Pardon me if this was already spelled out.
by Tama rate this post as useful

It's my . . . 2007/12/7 08:50
. . . mistake: There are two Takeda Castles and both are ruins!

I'm talking about Bunko Takeda in Kyushu.

Actually . . . 2007/12/7 08:53
. . . the castle in Takeda City is called a different name. Never heard of the one in Hyogo but maybe it's worth visiting except there is nothing nearby like in Bungo Takeda.

reply to this thread