Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

18'' samurai warrior in a glass 2007/12/10 15:38
i have a 18'' porcilane figure of a samurai warrior in a glass case. i bougrt it several years ago. i want to know if anyone to point to info on this item.contact me via email and i will send pictures.
by samurai warrior figure  

... 2007/12/10 19:09
I think it would be better if you uploaded the photos of the figure on the web somewhere; someone would then probably be able to help you :)
by AK rate this post as useful

samurai warrior figure 2007/12/11 01:17
go to http://www.voyager.myboat.com/ebay/taoist_ritual_jian.htm
for detailed pictures. there are many pictures so give them time to load. then let me know what you think it could be. also the last picture is a sticker that is on the front of the glass case
by samurai warrior figure rate this post as useful

Samurai?? 2007/12/11 09:15
Samurai,

I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like a Japanese samurai to me.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Same 2007/12/11 12:18
Same as Dave, it's not a Samurai.
It's a Chinese figure judging from the clothes, hair, and particularly the beard.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

not Chinese 2007/12/11 14:50
I'm no expert either, but it is not a Chinese figure. The hairstyle is, if i am not mistaken, an ancient Japanese style.

However, I suspect that the original poster knows very well what the figure is, and this query is merely a cleverly disguised ad.
by Tilt rate this post as useful

hmmm 2007/12/11 18:39
Hair style is called mizura,ancient japanese style.It is a japanese doll judging from a bow and a magatama necklace.

Imperial Seal is on the clothes,so probably he is a member of inperial family.

At least the doll is not a samurai,the doll is a person before samurai appeared in the history.
by kp rate this post as useful

research 2007/12/11 23:30
those of you who have offered possitive input i thank you.

to the one neg, im a jeweler by trade and when someone come's to me seeking info or advice on a piece of jewelery i gladly offer such info free. i came to this site because i believed that the knowledge would be hear to help me identify an item ive had for years (pre internet) and had no info on.at the end of the day knowledge is all we have.
thanks doug
by 18'' samurai warrior in a glass rate this post as useful

reply to this thread