Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn smoking room smell? 2007/12/12 04:34
Unfortunately due to my procrastination I got stuck with smoking rooms on most nights. I could probably avoid them by checking in and out on some days but that would just be a hassle. I know it may be a strange question, but I really do hate the smell of smoke, and I'm wondering if they at least try to freshen up the room? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks a lot.
by Teriyaki  

Toyoko inn smoking room 2007/12/12 11:24
"I really do hate the smell of smoke, and I'm wondering if they at least try to freshen up the room?"
They do. I have stayed in their smoking rooms,and I do hate cigarette smell,but I found their smoking room was fine.
by liem rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/12 12:02
You may ask "room freshner" at the reception or you can buy it at any drug stores. I often bring packets of bath salt or incense cones. They work well...
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/12 13:28
I've had completely opposite experiences. I often stay in their smoking rooms because non smoking rooms tend to be more limited and I usually don't smell anything at all. I'm asthmatic so I understand how important it is sometimes.
by John rate this post as useful

If the smell . . . 2007/12/12 15:00
. . . is not too strong, you usually don't notice it after awhile. It's called olfactory fatique.

That's why I really like hotel rooms that allow you to open the window. I find the rooms too warm to my liking during autumn/winter so I often open the windows. Unfortunately, maybe 25-30% of the hotels lock the windows.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

no probs 2007/12/14 10:18
i just came back from japan a few days ago - stayed in smoking rooms at two toyoko inns (and was in and out of five rooms all up) and didnt smell a thing! i forgot that i'd even booked smoking rooms till after :)
by katie ja rate this post as useful

reply to this thread