Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rental Car for Sapporo Snow Festival? 2007/12/12 13:57
Does anyone have experience driving in Sapporo during the snow festival?

Wondering if we should rent a car when we go. We have 4 people and will stay outside of Sapporo.

I wonder how bad traffic will be, what parking will be like, or if it's more worth it to take the train (like in Tokyo during a major holiday).

Thanks!!
by to drive or not to drive  

... 2007/12/12 16:36
Even if you rent a car, you need to park it quite far away from festival site and walk from onward. Festival can be easily accessed by public transport (subway) and use a taxi whenever you need.
by JLady rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/15 14:34
Does anyone have experience driving in Sapporo during the snow festival?

Yes, we walked to the sites of the festival in central Sapporo, but used the car to get to the more remote Satoland site, which was somewhat comfortable as opposed to taking the shuttle buses. But for the sites in central Sapporo I recommend to use public transportation

I wonder how bad traffic will be, what parking will be like, or if it's more worth it to take the train (like in Tokyo during a major holiday).

We went on weekdays. Traffic was normal. No congestions. Parking was easy at Satoland. We had parking at our hotel in central Sapporo, but I imagine it to be difficult (and expensive) to find public parking in central Sapporo, as pointed out by JLady.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread