Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

doubt about visa conversion and COE 2007/12/14 18:20
Hi all,
just one query,
am getting my wife as soon as i finish my wedding,so obviously its a tourist visa of 90days ,so in converting tourist visa into dependent visa i have to apply for COE,during that period my VISA will have hardly 80days left for expiry, my doubt is ,Is there any rules that while applying for COE i shud have some fixed period of time in my visa or after renewal of my visa shud i apply for her COE...please clarify me for the above(dates are below)
FEB20th thinkng to apply for COE but MAY18th my VISA expires..thanks in advance friends...
by boonprashanth  

... 2007/12/15 12:40
Is there any rules that while applying for COE i shud have some fixed period of time in my visa or after renewal of my visa

No.

Processing a certificate of eligibility typically takes between two weeks and three months. If yours is processed within the validity of your tourist visa, then you will be able to apply for a "change of status of residence" within Japan and without leaving th country. Otherwise, you would either have to extend your stay as a tourist or leave Japan once.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread