Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to Tokyo, Japan, How? 2007/12/15 09:11
Hi

I want to go to Japan- Tokyo. My question is:
Does someone know some TRUST local agency in Tokyo which are doing some trips around Tokyo or out of city in English??

And also i found on the internet some webside with japanese volunteers. I read that they are showing the city for free. Is it true, and is it good service?

And also i'm looking for tokyo map but in english- the names of tokyo's neighbourhoods are in english

Best wiches
Martin - Poland
by martin  

... 2007/12/15 13:05
Does someone know some TRUST local agency in Tokyo which are doing some trips around Tokyo or out of city in English??

This is the most popular one:
http://www.japan-guide.com/jtb2.html?type=home

And also i found on the internet some webside with japanese volunteers. I read that they are showing the city for free. Is it true, and is it good service?

I think the quality very much depends on the individual guide.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2007/12/15 15:23
most tourists, including me, go around Tokyo in particular and Japan in general on their own, without guides and without speaking Japanese either. it isn't hard at all.
I get my Japanese maps in English in my home town but they can be ordered on the internet too or in your home town major bookstore if you live in a big enough town.
it is also possible to unload maps of specific areas of Tokyo etc. from the internet.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

tocho 2007/12/15 23:36
there is a useful info centre in the tokyou government building in west shinjuku. it has lots of free maps and info. the building' name is tokyo metropolitan government building or "tocho"
by joseph rate this post as useful

reply to this thread