Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tnt how to get visa 2007/12/17 08:11
hi i am 26 years old... last november i got married to a japanese man.. now, i have my new allien registration card.. but my problem is, i dont know what to do when i got to the immigration, i dont know what will i say, is there any question that i have to be pass please help me with my problem what is the process that i have to go through
by kotori  

. 2007/12/17 09:53
I would suggest you and your husband both go to the Immigration Office. No doubt your husband speaks Japanese?

I assume you need to apply for a Spouse Visa?
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/17 09:58
kotori,

What visa are you on right now? I assume you are in Japan now? If you have gotten married (congratulations!) to a Japanese national, and wish to change your visa status to "spouse of Japanese national" status, you need to go to immigration and apply for the visa, with appropriate documents.

In short, the documents you need are:
- your passport and the application document itself;
- an official copy of your husband's "koseki" family register with your name in it;
- a letter of guarantee by your husband;
- employment contract or other paper stating your income or your husband's income.

But please be sure to check with your nearest immigration office, and be sure never to let your current visa status expire before you apply.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread