Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does this sound reasonable-timewise? 2007/12/17 22:58
Going from tokyo to hiroshima, visiting the peace park & museum, spending the night there. Next morning head off to takayama to the hida folk village, via kyoto (i figured thats the best way but if u know a shorter way using the JR Pass let me know). Going around takayama sightseeing, spending the night. Leaving next morning to Tokyo.

Does that sound reasonable?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
by Ima  

Tokyo- Hiroshima 2007/12/18 11:04
Hi Ima,
It will take about six hours to get o peace park, Hiroshima. You will have a very limited time,but doable.
The hida folk village closes @ 4.30 or 5pm? It takes more than 6 hours to get there from Hiroshima,this trip sounds very rush,unless you also plan the next day for Takayama, I would recommend spend your extra day visiting Miyajima while in Hiroshima.
by liem rate this post as useful

Hida 2007/12/18 13:01
It sound a little to me like you are going Takayama JUST to visit the Hida Folk Village???

If so, then you can visit a similar village in the outer suburbs of Tokyo, at the Hihon Minka-En open air folk house museum.
Just like the Hida Folk Village, these are original buildings built between the late 1600s and the early 1920s.
http://www.city.kawasaki.jp/88/88minka/home/visual_visit.htm
by Sandy rate this post as useful

In regards . . . 2007/12/19 08:31
. . . to those grass house muras, if you are in the area, there's a nice one at Yashima near Takamatsu (Shikoku), and also a nice one conveniently located in Gero Onsen. Tono Valley also has a small bunch of houses. The ones in Tono are unique in that they are mean't to house horses as well as humans.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Correction: . . . 2007/12/19 08:33
. . . Tono Valley actually has two locations for these houses, and one of the muras is huge.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread