Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Universal Studio in Osaka 2007/12/19 17:03
I will be in Osaka in March and it will be on a Thursday. I have limited time to spend in Osaka and I'd really like to visit the Universal Studio theme park since all my friends who've been there recommend it. I plan to spend about 6 to 7 hours in the theme park ,say from 9am till 3 or 4pm, may I know would it be enough time for me to try most of the rides in the theme park? Could anyone who has visited the park give me some advice on this? Many thanks.
by jemdude22  

Universal studio Theme park 2007/12/19 19:52
In case you have limit time , try the ride pass booklet. By this way, you do not have to get in long line for the famous ride. Can save time. More info at www.usj.co.jp Select English language.
by airy rate this post as useful

USJ no thanks 2007/12/20 03:52
Actually i cant see how anyone can enjoy USJ. I found it really lousy and according to friends in the states the japanese universal is the same as the american.
All rides are ''cinema''-rides, the other ones (like jurassic) are just kiddie-rides.
Fuji Q is a good park, Nagashima Spaland isnt bad.
by Kanqin rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/20 10:56
Please remember that not everyone on these boards is from the US. For a lot of people, Japan is the closest place they can experience Universal Studios or Disneyland.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/20 15:41
Funny thing is, many Japanese people who live in or around Tokyo recommend the Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sealand to me. So far I haven't been to any of them.
A German friend of mine also recommended the Osaka Universal Studios. And believe you me, there are also some nice theme parks in Germany and Euro Disneyland is not so far away either.

I guess it comes down to how long someone plans to stay in Japan, if it's for more than just a few days, then it might be a nice change of pace to go to a theme park - be it Disney, Universal or an original japanese one.
by Haf rate this post as useful

Nothing Wrong 2007/12/23 12:14
There's really nothing wrong to go to a world class theme park during a trip, unless of course you have the same one just outside your doorstep and you go too frequently. Even then, who's to dictate that one can't fix in a day to have a great time instead of sight seeing which is probably what a tourist does for the rest of the whole trip?

Anyway, not everyone enjoys thrill rides example those of Fuji Q. There's a reason why Disneyland and Universal Studio are so popular. I myself try to put in a day or two for Disneyland whenever I go to a place where there is one. YOu'll be happy that there's variety in a trip instead of sight-see overload. Of course you'll have to prioritise based on the number of days you have on the trip.

Universal at LA was almost a waste of time to me. Have not visited the one in Osaka though have heard that it's better than the one in LA.
by Nana rate this post as useful

reply to this thread