Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I need Help sending a package to japan 2007/12/19 17:07
well im sending my friend a purse and i have no idea what im doing. i was going to send it in a box but dont know how much it will cost me and i heard if its in a big envelop its much cheaper.

please help me
by Gil  

... 2007/12/19 18:07
Where are you sending it *from*? You would want to give it at least a paper box, so that it will not be damaged while being transported.

What you can do is, put it in a box, then place it in an envelope, and take it to a post office and ask just about how much it would cost to send it to Japan (via regular air mail, express air mail, etc.). Or you can weigh the whole package on a kitchen scale or something, then look up the postage table of your country to find out :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Ask your local PO 2007/12/19 22:07
It is not the Japan end you need to worry about, you need to ask the post office in your country- that is what they are there for.

Go and ask them how they recommend packaging the item and what packaging they have available there.
by Sira rate this post as useful

weight 2007/12/20 00:25
If you're sending from the US the charge will be by mode and weight. Go to www.usps.com and you can get full info under 'calculate international postage'.
by Tay rate this post as useful

ok 2007/12/20 15:43
well i guess ill have to make a trip to the post office tomorrow.
by Gil rate this post as useful

reply to this thread