Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport to Shirakawa 2007/12/20 12:08
First of all, thanks for Uji's response to my previous question on the Shirakawa Light-Up Events in January 2008. Plan to stay at Takayama for 1 day and take the bus to Shirakawa on the next day, do I need to make the reservation via internet in advance or just buy the tickets on the day before I take the bus? Will the bus services be suspended in January due to the road restriction in winter? Anything should I need to pay attention to for the transport arrangement?
by crazyheidi  

... 2007/12/25 20:05
do I need to make the reservation via internet in advance or just buy the tickets on the day before I take the bus?

You can buy the tickets on the day before or even on the day of travel at the bus terminal, assuming that seats are left.

Will the bus services be suspended in January due to the road restriction in winter?

No, there are no road restrictions along the route the bus is using, unless maybe if there has been a major snow storm the day before.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Transport to Shirakawa 2007/12/30 00:51
Uji, thanks again for your information. I feel more comfortable on planning of my travel in January.
by crazyheidi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread