Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

which prepaid phone should i get 2007/12/21 06:49
hi

i will be going to japan in about a week. an i was wondering which prepaid phone would be the best to get

i have 2 that i am interested in

the vodaphone enjourno

and the pupuru phones

can someone tell me th pros and cons of each and help me decide which one to get? thanks very much

mike
by Mike  

... 2007/12/21 14:29
Are you travelling or moving to Japan, because unless you are a resident (or know a resident of Japan) then you cannot purchase a prepaid phone.

Btw, I'm assuming you looked through the archives about prepaid phones because the vodaphone enjourno doesn't exist anymore. In fact, Vodaphone was bought out by Softbank over a year ago. And the laws concerning prepaids have since changed. Renting a phone may be your only option.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

I do have a softbank 2007/12/21 15:23
kaitai aka cellphone it a prepay one sharp the model im not sure but it work really fine but of course im here in japan with a visa it one of the only way you can get one and you need a friend that is resident of japan to get it! plus the paper work if you don't speak Japaneses a lot is really hard to understand but if you can get one it pretty cheap it cost me 70 00 yen for the phone and a 2000 yen pre payed card of course it not a really hard core cellphone like Japaneses have that can play tv mp3 and all of that but it work and you can email with it
by igo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread