Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I get a lined Yukata online? 2007/12/23 04:13
I've found quite a few websites that sell yukata but not lined yukata. I know it is more of a summer robe but I live in a mild climate in the US and wear mine year round.
by Steve  

... 2007/12/24 15:12
I don't think there is any "lined" yukata unless you have it made as it does not fit the purpose of yukata. (Yukata is made of cotton and unlined to accomodate for hot/humid summer.)

Buy lined kimono instead of tryin to find yukata.
by JLady rate this post as useful

additional 2007/12/24 15:13
There're "washable" kimono made of synthetic fiber instead of silk.
by JLady rate this post as useful

lined yukata 2007/12/28 16:21
Thank you JLady. I will wait for spring to continue my search. However I've owned 3 gauze lined cotton yukata, 2 purchased on Shinobazu dori near Nezu crossing and one on the internet. They seemed to be pretty common and mixed in with the unlined ones in the store. But you are right, it is not the season.
by Steve rate this post as useful

Found site for gauze lined yukata 2008/3/11 02:43
This looks like the closest we're gonna' get:
www.thekimonocompany.co.uk/acatalog/Nemaki_kimono.php

The price is 80 British Pounds=$161.54 Pricey but at least available.
by Tam rate this post as useful

Nemaki 2008/3/11 09:16
Thanks to both of you. I was asking for lined yukata but nemaki is the proper name for what I was looking for and since I first posted I've found it right here in Nihonmachi in San Francisco. The cost was $70. Thanks again.
by Steve rate this post as useful

Found site for gauze lined yukata + more 2008/3/21 07:40
Found a Japanese site that sells everything from lined yukata, nemakis, t-shirts, etc. I ordered two gauze lined nemakis, got my order FOUR days later and was billed for a total of$86.89!! Their site is www.kinokuniya.info Fantastic find.
by Tam rate this post as useful

yukata lined 2008/7/18 07:37
Go to ebay and search for kyotocollection. They have what you want. Today is 7/17/08.
by Carol Magnusen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread