Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Learning Japanese for French 2007/12/26 06:07
Hello.

I'm french and i have just notions in japanese. I want to come in japan to learn japanese in a school during a long time: 6 months minimum.

My question is: someone can say me if there are japanese school for french with a lower skill to learn japanese ?? this is a dream and a challenge for me and if someone knows the answers, or if someone can help me to know if is it possible or not... i'll say him: Thank You !!

I'm waiting for your answers and your seeking about my request.
by Julien24ja  

... 2007/12/26 16:19
...if there are japanese school for french with a lower skill to learn japanese ??

There are Japanese language schools in Japan, if that's what you mean. Those are for non-Japanese speakers to learn the language. The students consist of speakers of different languages, and not only for French speakers, though - some may be English speakers, others Chinese, others Korean speakers. The classese tend to be mixed, so the lessons would be conducted in Japanese (this is called "direct method"). Is this what you are looking for?
by AK rate this post as useful

Yes but... 2007/12/27 02:01
yes it's that but learn japanese when you're french and if the teacher speak in english... sometimes i think it's hard. im seeking for private or public school where the teacher will teach me japanese with french... noit just english... do you understand ??

I worked for a long time to have money in my account to come in japan so i'll hope it will be possible to find a school where i'll learn japanese...
by Julien24ja rate this post as useful

Japanese language 2007/12/27 08:11
Julien24ja
the best way to learn a language is total immersion , when you only use that language, no other. This is the way we all learn our mother tongues. This is how I learned English (I did "learn" English in high school but the teachers used our mother tongue way more than English so we-the students- couldn't really speak it) Once you are in a country and everyone talk to you in their language only, and you watch TV, movies etc.in that language only, you do pick up quickly. I know all sorts of words and expressions in English without really knowing what they mean in my mother tongue but it doesn't matter because I think, therefore speak, in English, not in my mother tongue and vice versa: when speaking in my mother tongue I DON'T reference to English.
YOU SHOULD FIRST LEARN BASIC JAPANESE IN FRANCE then go to Japan as the chances of finding a school teaching Japanese with explanations in French are pretty much ZERO. let's face it English is way more common than French all around the world. Yes some Japanese speak French but there aren't enough French people around in Japan to justify schools giving instructions in French.

by the way French is my second language (I did all my schooling in France, from kindergarten to college) and English is my third.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Not taught in English 2007/12/27 08:13
What the poster above you was saying is that the students in the Japanese classes are mixed nationalities, i.e. a lot of Chinese and Koreans learn here, and they often don't speak much English.

Because of this the classes are not taught in English, they are taught in Japanese only, with a lot of gestures and pictures for beginners.

For classes actually taught in French I would contact the French Embassy in Tokyo as they often have this kind of information for French people living in Japan.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/27 08:35
Thank you Sira, yes, that's what I was trying to say; the classes are not taught in English :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread