Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Year end outing with 3 months old 2007/12/28 17:36
I am staying in Tokyo.We want to go out in the Year end holidays with our 3 months old.I want a nearby place which is
1)Not far from Tokyo
2)Can be accessible by Train
3)where rent a car option is not required to go around the places
4)Which is not too crowded(of course there won't be such place in this holiday season but i mean comparitively less crowded)
5)Train tickets to that place and accomodation should be easily available and shouldn't be way too costly
6)And where it is safe and comfortable to take 3 months old.
Sorry I am asking too much for this season.But I am sure there has to at least one such place.I don't want great scenery or great food.All I want to go out of Tokyo and stay in a calm and quiet place.Onsens are a great welcome!!Please help me find a place.
by Mani  

... 2007/12/28 17:59
Hakone fits your description well. The only question is whether you can still find a room. Search the internet or visit a travel agent to find out:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Cold? 2007/12/30 12:42
Thanks Uji.I was thinking of the same destination.Only one thing I want to know is how cold will be Hakone at this time of year.And last time when we had been to Hakone we could not get our dinner since it was too late.Do you any good restaurants where we can have a good meal?Till what time do we need to go to a restaurant?Any food is ok with me.We eat everything.And do you have hotel/Ryoukan/Minkan reccomendation?Please I have a 3 months old baby with me.So I want to go there completely ready with all info.Thanks in advance.
by Mani rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/30 12:45
When are you planning to stay in Hakone? I think you have to grab whatever left at this stage.
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/en/
There's a big "ekiden (relayed marathon)" race in Hakone on Jan 2nd and 3rd and most hotels/ryokans are booked out.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Tokyo is where it's calm 2007/12/30 19:47
Mani, starting today up to Jan 3rd, as the news always estimates, Tokyo will probably be the most "calm and quiet" place you can find in Japan.

I grew up in Tokyo and always enjoyed the peaceful roads and clean air. Of course, don't go to Meiji Jingu or Asakusa. Visit small shrines or small temples and walk residential areas, or even commercial areas where offices are all closed.

In the recent years, during this period I've been visiting my in-laws in a small city, and boy I miss the peace of the Metropolitan area! I miss the year when I was pregnant and couldn't risk the journey to visit my in-laws. That was the last time I enjoyed a quiet Eve and New Years Day at my parents' home and neighborhood in Tokyo.

Wherever you go at this period, you have to fight the crowd at the terminal station to say the least. If you stay where you are, you won't have to worry about it.

Enjoy the most unique period Tokyo experiences!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Warm 2007/12/30 19:48
By the way, the weather forcast says Tokyo will be sunny during New Years holidays!
by Uco rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/31 17:24
Do you any good restaurants where we can have a good meal?

I recommend to stay at a ryokan that includes dinner.

Till what time do we need to go to a restaurant?

Most restaurants seem to be closing by 6pm. Only in "larger" towns like Yumoto can you still find some open restaurants after 6pm.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread