Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

politically speaking... 2007/12/30 13:17
How would ask "who would you vote for? In Nihon-go?
by Aaron  

translation 2007/12/30 15:32
in Japanese

誰に投票しますか?
dareni tokyo shimasuka?

by ... rate this post as useful

tohyo 2007/12/30 16:17
The above person meant to type “tohyo" rather than "tokyo" I think. "Tohyo" (投票)means vote.
by Sira rate this post as useful

politically .... 2007/12/31 09:13

Yes BUT can one actual ask that question? in North-America people have signs on their lawns showing who they vote for. In many Western Europe countries asking "who do you vote for" and "how much money do you make" are 2 of the rudest questions one can ask (some people may tell you, if you are close friends, but then you would know so much about one another that asking wouldn't be necessary).
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the same in Japan.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

I know. 2007/12/31 11:29
I was aware of that possibility; however, I'm trying to do political survey for class. Perhaps a polite way to ask the question without sounding rude would be most useful.
by Aaron rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/31 13:23
If you make the survey anonymous, the earlier sentence given by "..." and the romanized version corrected by Sira would be OK :) As Sensei 2 suggested, it's a question that we normally do not ask of each other.
by AK (Japanese) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread