Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it convenience? 2008/1/3 02:16
I plan to use Kyoto as a base but need some advise. Is it very convenience to travel back and forth from Osaka to Kyoto? My plan to visit Osaka for 3days to 4days is mostly visit to Universal Studio, Shopping at Minami area till night. What is the last train to leave Osaka to Kyoto? What is the website I can check the schedule and which station should I transfer for train to Kyoto?
by Alex  

... 2008/1/3 12:19
No, I would not call it convenient. All in all, it takes about one hour to "commute" one way. And the trains between Osaka and Kyoto are often crowded, especially the JR special rapid. But it is not too bad either.

However, if you plan on spending as many as 3-4 days in Osaka, then I recommend to move to a hotel in Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/3 12:20
Trains operate from around 5am to around 0:30am.

Hotel Dotonbori 2008/1/7 12:46
Hi Uji,

Thanks for the advise, I found this hotel is at very convenient location. Any comments on this? Is this hotel considered at the safe location?
by Alex rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/7 18:30
Dotonbori is Osaka's most famous night life district. As such, I would not call it the safest district of Osaka, but it is not dangerous, either.

suggestion... 2008/1/8 13:26
Hi Uji,

Do you have any suggestion, I looking for convenience travelling around and to Kansai Airport. How about area around Osaka Station?
by Alex rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/10 08:56
How about area around Osaka Station?

That is very convenient for traveling inside and outside Osaka.

reply to this thread