Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Airport transport 2008/1/6 02:35
What is the cheapest way for the transport from Narita Airport to Roppongi? Should we take the Skyliner, Keisei, limousine or taxi? we are 5 person travelling together?Is the Keisei-Ueon station near to the Ueon Subway station?
by Teresa  

... 2008/1/6 15:07
The cheapest way (1150 yen per person) is:

1) Keisei Limited Express from the airport to Aoto Station (1 hour)
2) Asakusa Subway Line from Aoto to Daimon Station (25 minutes)
3) Oedo Subway Line from Daimon to Roppongi Station (5 minutes)

Is the Keisei-Ueon station near to the Ueon Subway station?

Not really. About 5-10 minutes from platform to platform.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you 2008/1/6 16:05
thank you
by teresa rate this post as useful

airport transport 2008/1/6 16:35
can I reach the Keisei Ueno station than walk a short distance and change to Tokyo subway Hibiya line to Roppongi, will it be better as we have to carry our baggage

... 2008/1/6 18:22
Both, the transfers at Aoto and Daimon, are easy and convenient with luggage. The transfer at Ueno is less so.

But it also depends on where in Roppongi you are heading. The Oedo Line station is more convenient for access to the area around Tokyo Midtown, while the Hibiya Line station is more convenient for access to the area around Roppongi Hills.

airport transport 2008/1/7 18:17
Which station to tell the Keisei staff upon purchase of ticket?

Is Aoto and Daimon belong to Kesei Skyliner?

I need to use Hibiya Line reach Roppongi Hills.

... 2008/1/7 18:46
Which station to tell the Keisei staff upon purchase of ticket?

You should be able to buy it at the vending machine under "transfer ticket".

Is Aoto and Daimon belong to Kesei Skyliner?

No, the Keisei Skyliner does not stop at either station, but it does pass Aoto Station (without stopping).

I need to use Hibiya Line reach Roppongi Hills.

Then, I recommend to take the Limited Express to Aoto, the Asakusa Subway Line to Higashi-Ginza Station and transfer to the Hibiya Line there. This is the cheapest option (1240 yen). Note that there are more comfortable ones, e.g. a direct airport bus to Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills for 3000 yen one way:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/timetable/narita/akasaka_h....

thank you 2008/1/8 20:29
Is it we have to buy two type of tickets , 1)the Keisei transfer ticket at 1240yen and 2)buy the subway ticket at the metro station.

Thank for your help Uji!

. 2008/1/9 00:05
Honestly, I think the easiest way is to go to Keisei Ueno and change to the subway at Ueno, the transfer isn't too bad.

I don't think its any worse then changing from the Toei Asakusa Line to the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line (even though they share the station name, they are in reality two different station complexes, each with different platforms and gates to go through.

If you went via the Higashi-Ginza route mentioned above, I believe you can get a "transfer ticket" as far as Higashi-Ginza for the Asakusa Line, but you will need to exit the Toei Asakusa Line part to transfer to the Hibiya line part or get another transfer ticket to transfer to the Tokyo Metro portion.

For Keisei-Ueno to Ueno Hibiya Line, just purchase a ticket from Narita Airport to Ueno, then when you get to the Metro part purchase another ticket.

Not to mention, that the Keisei-Ueno to Ueno option is the Cheapest (only 1190 yen).
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/9 00:07
I stand corrected the Daimon transfer Uji mentioned first is the cheapest. 1190 at Ueno with only 1 transfer isn't too bad either.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread