Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do japanese people know Belgium? 2008/1/7 01:50
Hehe i was wondering if Japanese people know Belgium ^^? I've been to Japan 2 years ago and they didn't really know it untill is started talking about our chocolate :D. Srr if it's a lame question i'm just bored and i want to talk about Japan.
by Masura  

. 2008/1/7 11:06
As far as I know... the people in my circle group know Belgium. There's two exchange students from there... So he's called berugi-ベルーギ Tim (we have another Tim from New Zealand). Then again though, my circle is called International Friendly Lunch. So... maybe that makes a bias.

But don't be frustrated if they don't know your country. Chances are you wouldn't know where Taiji is either... or Maebashi?
by Miko rate this post as useful

Belgium 2008/1/7 13:27
Japanese name for Belgium is Berugi/ Belugi-(ベルギー)

other examples;
Germany = Doitu/Doitsu (ドイツ)
China= Chuugoku/Chu-goku (中国)
Switzerland = Suisu (スイス)
R of Korea = Kankoku (韓国),
Korea = Chousen/Cho-senn (朝鮮)
etc.

by cc rate this post as useful

berugii 2008/1/7 15:57
Of course everyone knows Belguim. They make the best chocolates in the world. We call the country Berugii ベルギー which may be one of the reasons they didn't understand when you said "Beigium".
by Uco rate this post as useful

sorry 2008/1/7 20:12
I didn't notice that cc's post came in just as I was sending mine.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Belgium Beer 2008/1/10 19:24
There are a lot of Belgium beer bars in Tokyo. Beer and chocolate it seems are your Japanese claims to fame.
by Brian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread