Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

any ski tours from tokyo ? 2008/1/7 01:52
i am visiting tokyo and would like to do some skiing too.

Anyone knkows where i can book ski tours from tokyo ? Any website online ? Read about the yuzawa ski tour from JR East, but cant seem to find it. Thanks
by Kar  

... 2008/1/7 10:19
Yuzawa is easily accessible by shinkansen (70-80 min from Tokyo) and this page has more info :
http://japanican.com/special/ski_resorts/easyaccess.aspx
by JLady rate this post as useful

JR 2008/1/7 12:02
hi Jlady,

you know of any ski packages by JR - those including the ski tickets and train tickets ? Thanks
by kar rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/7 18:57
Packages that include train and ski lifts are sold by the various travel agencies rather than JR.

JR sells the "Joetsu Ski Ofuku Kippu", which provides a discounted shinkansen round trip to the Yuzawa area.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2008/1/8 00:56
Hi Uji,

May i know how much is the discounted train ticket by JR and can i buy it online ? Is it on the shinkansen ?

Are there any websites that i can get more information on the ski tours ? Do you know on average, how much are the ski tours. Say just 1 or 2 nights stay.

Many thanks
by Kar rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/8 11:09
May i know how much is the discounted train ticket by JR

From Tokyo it costs 10,700 yen.

And sorry, JR does actually sell a package for the Gala Yuzawa ski resort that includes lift tickets. It is called the "Gala Higaeri Kippu" (Gala One Day Trip Ticket), and includes the round trip by shinkansen plus a 1-day ticket and 20% off rentals. From Tokyo it costs 11,700 yen on weekdays, 13,000 yen on weekends and 10,900 yen in the shoulder season.

and can i buy it online ?

No. You can buy it just before departure.

Is it on the shinkansen ?

Yes.

Do you know on average, how much are the ski tours.

You can pick up pamphlets for ski packages in front or inside many travel agencies.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread