Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakiniku 2008/1/8 14:14
Im not sure for other countries;. But in japan, the yakinikuya usually operates from 5pm onwards?? why is that so? Even if i were to ask a japanese the same qns, they dont seems to be able to come out w an answer too...

isnt it better to have it in the noon too since time is needed to digest those oily stuffs???
by jessie  

_ 2008/1/8 15:45
Yakiniku shouldn't be that oily at all...

In any case, temple stalls selling yakiniku will definitely be open during the day. However, one reason why many yakiniku stalls are open during the evening is that it is quite a popular snack to have with alcohol. And the majority of people only drink alcohol after work, in the evenings.
by Inkk rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/8 17:04
I think you guys are getting Yakiniku (Japanese style Korean BBQ) confused with Yakitori (grilled skewers). Yakiniku is usually served in a sit down restaurant with a grill at each table and are usually open for lunch and dinner. Yakitori places can be found as small counter style restaurants or outdoor food stalls and do tend to open later for dinner on to late evening. Yakitori is often eaten after going drinking or to karaoke and is usually the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th place visited on a night out.

See this page for more info:
http://www.japan-guide.com/r/e102.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/9 21:01
I would imagine the major reason for Yakiniku BBQ restaurants to not open for lunch, is because the majority of people won't have enough time to sit down and grill the meat slowly.

The whole cooking takes time, so its more suited for dinner?

Having said that I'm sure some yakiniku places open for lunch, as I remember going to some.
by Blanc rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/9 22:35
because the majority of people won't have enough time to sit down and grill the meat slowly.
I agree and another reason is many people worry if the "smell" remains after lunch. Most BBQ sauce has garlic.
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread