Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Internet cafes in asakusa? no membership 2008/1/8 17:12
Hi. I'm looking for internet cafes around asakusa. preferably as close to either of these two addresses as possible,
2-20-1 Asakusa,Taito-ku,Tokyo
OR
3-20-3 Yushima (near Ueno)
Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo-to.

I'm looking for nice, clean internet/manga cafes (i only want to use the internet) that do not require a membership, preferably places where i can bring my own laptop but i guess i could use the PCs if i have to.

Also, do all the internet cafes have PCs with english settings/keyboard? if not, can i ask them to change the setting to english if they don't have?

Thanks in advance!
by Jackie  

... 2008/1/18 19:13
I'm looking for nice, clean internet/manga cafes (i only want to use the internet) that do not require a membership, preferably places where i can bring my own laptop but i guess i could use the PCs if i have to.

I've never been to a internet/manga cafe that requires membership. The ones that had membership cards seem to offer guest access at slightly higher rates.

Also, do all the internet cafes have PCs with english settings/keyboard? if not, can i ask them to change the setting to english if they don't have?

All Japanese keyboards can type in English. It's not too hard to figure out as the buttons that switch character sets are labeled in Japanese, otherwise the keyboard looks 90% what you're used to.

I'm not sure of specific cafes in the area you are looking for but try I saw an add for this company yesterday in Tokyo:

http://kibuntenkan.co.jp/new/english.htm#asakusa
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

internet cafe in asakusa 2008/1/18 21:41
if you stand on the main street in asakusa in front of the entrance to sensoji temple, you will see a convenience store with a denny's above it on the perpendicular street. the 3rd floor is a clean, non-membership internet cafe. it uses laptops and wifi so it is a bit slow but you can drink as much post-mix as your little body can handle. i think you can even have a shower for an extra charge.
by joseph rate this post as useful

Like Joseph said 2008/1/19 01:21
It's like Joseph said ..
there's a good internet cafe above's denny's open 24/7

and almost every place you stay at as a tourist .. if it's a expensive hotel or cheap hostel , they all got a internet connection ..
and so far that i know , there are some hotspots at the mac donalds and starbucks in asakusa .. so if you have a laptop and WIFI .. you will have the tmie of your life ..
by Martijn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread