Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving luggage at a hotel/station? 2008/1/10 08:35
My forthcoming holiday involves travelling by Shinkansen, from Kyoto, to Tokyo, and back to Kyoto.

Im staying in the same hotel at the begining and end of my trip. Would it usually be acceptable to leave my suitcase at my hotel, and then collect it in a week time when I return to the same hotel?

Also is there an office where I could leave my luggage for a week at Kyoto station?
by Chris  

... 2008/1/10 12:02
Would it usually be acceptable to leave my suitcase at my hotel, and then collect it in a week time when I return to the same hotel?

A week sounds somewhat long. But still, I think that some hotels might do it. Others might not. Most, but not all, will do it if it is just for 1 or 2 nights.

Also is there an office where I could leave my luggage for a week at Kyoto station?

Coin lockers can be used to store luggage for up to 3 days. And the manned luggage storage counter at Kyoto Station provides only same-day storage, I believe. So, I am not aware of a service for storage of a full week.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread