Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9days in Tokyo 2008/1/10 12:38
my husband & i coming to Tokyo this Feb. we would like to minimise our expenses. what we can do in tokyo alone ?
by magcym  

Tokyo 2008/1/10 15:30
most foreign tourists go around Japan on their own. no need to go with a tour or get a guide. what to do in Tokyo?
your question is a bit too vague!..you do pretty much the same as in any other town:
walk around various neighbourhood (a train goes in a loop around most of Tokyo's downtown neighbourhood. you will need a day pass)
in each neighbourhood look at buildings of any kind, check small stores and big department stores, visit temples, shrines and parks.. for precise details about all the Tokyo's neighbourhoods, special sights etc. you need to do some homework on this site (check at the top of this page TRAVEL, Japan A-Z, and read all the previous questions about trips to Tokyo--there must hundreds of them--you also need to check actual guidebooks (lonely Planet for exemple)and also internet hotel sites like www.japanhotel.net to give you an idea about accomodations.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

A little research 2008/1/10 15:37
Buy a couple of travel guides, use this website, and something that work well for me was Youtube.

I would walk around Tokyo and be very familiar just because of Youtube.

by Nate rate this post as useful

reply to this thread