Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

from kitasenju 2008/1/10 20:44
When I did a train search for Ueno - TobuNikko. It says I will pass through Kitasenju.

1) We will be based in Ueno, will it be possible to buy the train tickets in Ueno for Tobu Nikko? I only recall JR tourist office in Ueno but not Tobu.
2) It may be a little risky buying from Kitasenju on the very day of departure.
3)Do we have to go to Asakusa to buy the tickets instead? To avoid being rushed or stressed, we usually prefer to get all our reservations done before the day of departure.

Also there is always a mention of "Spacia" to Nikko but all my searches after 1030am to Nikko shows "Kinu". Are they the same?

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Shikisai at Lake Chuzenji before? We are hoping to try onsen in the snow but dont know if it's going to be way too cold to even walk or see the frozen Kegon falls. This will be around Feb12 this year.

Appreciate some advice. Thanks
by lee  

. 2008/1/11 09:51
There is no Tobu Station at Ueno , so you can't buy a Tobu ticket there. Are you going to use a Nikko pass? The best thing to do is to go to Asakusa and buy a pass and reserve seats.
by sachy rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/11 11:15
We will be based in Ueno, will it be possible to buy the train tickets in Ueno for Tobu Nikko?

It might be possible to get Tobu tickets from travel agencies around Ueno Station, but not the free passes. But I would rather buy the tickets at Asakusa Station (10 minutes from Ueno) or when you transfer to Tobu at Asakusa or Kita-Senju Station.

If you want to reserve seats on the limited express, advance reservations are recommended on weekends and public holidays.

Also there is always a mention of "Spacia" to Nikko but all my searches after 1030am to Nikko shows "Kinu". Are they the same?

Spacia is the general name for limited express trains on the Tobu network. "Kegon" trains go to Nikko, while "Kinu" trains go to Kinugawa Onsen and require one transfer at Shimo-imaichi Station for access to Nikko:
http://www.tobuland.com/foreign/timetable.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

appreciated 2008/1/11 12:19
As always, thank you for your helpful replies.
by lee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread