Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass Trip from KIX to Guesthouse U-en 2008/1/11 23:42
I know someone else has posted this question, but the answer didnt help me.

I am planning to travelling between Kansai International Airport and Guesthouse U-en.

I have the details of how to get there via what station etc, but would like to know some finer details.

I have a JR pass, but can i take JR Limited Express Haruka, or only JR Kanku Rapid to TENNOJI station?

I'm looking up timetables now, how long should i leave between when my plane lands until when im waiting for the train?

Is there more than one platform on which trains come in?

How long does validating JR pass take?

Once upon the train to TENNOJI station, is it easy to know which station is what, if i dont speak japanese?

Is changing from KIX line to Osaka-Loop Line simple?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but this being my first time in japan, im a little anxious.

Any help is appreciated
by Elliott  

... 2008/1/12 08:16
For everybody else not familiar with the guesthouse:
http://www.u-en.net/english_access.html

The closest station is Tamatsukuri Station on the JR Osaka Loop Line. So, indeed, traveling via Tennoji is the best way.

I have a JR pass, but can i take JR Limited Express Haruka, or only JR Kanku Rapid to TENNOJI station?

You can take either train. I recommend to take the Haruka, because it operates more frequently, is faster and has more comfortable seats.

I'm looking up timetables now, how long should i leave between when my plane lands until when im waiting for the train?

I estimate about 60-90 from touch down until you board the train. You will spend time at immigration, baggage claim, customs, rail pass exchange and waiting for the next train departure. Furthermore, there is a chance of the flight arriving early or late.

Is there more than one platform on which trains come in?

There are four platforms, but bilingual signs make it very easy to understand which platform to use.

How long does validating JR pass take?

The process itself takes less about 2-4 minutes. Plus eventual waiting time.

Once upon the train to TENNOJI station, is it easy to know which station is what, if i dont speak japanese?

Yes. You just follow the signs to the Osaka Loop Line and figure out in which direction to travel. Ask somebody if you are in doubt.

Is changing from KIX line to Osaka-Loop Line simple?

I have never done it, but yes, I think it is quite simple. All platforms are parallel to each other at Tennoji Station. There are lots of English signs.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread