Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iwatayama Monkey Park 2008/1/11 23:42
How long does it take to travel from Kyoto Station to Iwatayama Monkey Park? I see that it takes about 20 minutes to ride the JR Sagano Line to Saga Arashiyama, but after that I'm not sure what happens. Do people generally walk the rest of the way? About how long does that take?
by nf222  

... 2008/1/12 08:18
20 minutes by JR Sagano Line to Saga-Arashiyama Station. Then a 10 minute walk from the station to the base of the mountain and then about a 15 minute climb of the mountain itself. A map can be found on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3912.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Monkey park. 2008/1/22 14:35
The climb is quite strenuous, so keep this in mind if you have young children or elderly people with you. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT PULL OUT ANY FOOD WHILE CLIMBING THE HILL!!! The signs are there for a reason. If you can time your climb to coincide with 5pm at the top, you will see the monkies being fed. Also, you may consider taking a boat in from Kameoka, a really nice little cruise which costs about 2000JPY. There is also the Hozu romantic train. I recommend them for leisurely viewing- it was great.
by R. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread