Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Temporary visitors visa extension. 2008/1/12 15:12
Is it possible for an american citizen to have there temporary visitors visa extended for another 90 days in Japan?
by Koi  

... 2008/1/12 23:52
Not under usual circumstances. But I suspect you could get an extension with a really good reason.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanx 2008/1/13 09:21
Do you think marrying a girl that I love who just became a Japanese National so that I can apply for a spousal visa to stay there with her would be a good reason for an extension?
by Koi rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/13 09:31
It would depend on the Immigration officer making the decision. Head out to the Immigration office and ask.
by John rate this post as useful

It's so complicated lol 2008/1/13 11:35
Do i have to apply for a spousal visa in my home country or can I apply for it in Japan after we have already married? We want to have our wedding in Japan when she becomes a national and I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back to the USA just to apply for the visa.

... 2008/1/13 12:05
by Uji rate this post as useful

A possible exception 2008/1/13 12:16
So I would have to leave once while waiting for the certificare of eligibility. If she was willing to be a gaurantor for me is it possible that my status of residence could be extended, rather then leave Japan once?

. 2008/1/13 12:22
Again all I can say is it would be a case by case specific decision by immigration authorities.

If you have her or better yet her family back you up it is possible, but I would go down to Immigration as soon as possible and just ask.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread