Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy kimono? (not online) 2008/1/13 16:11
I'm interested to know where to buy kimono or kimono accessory in Tokyo area?

Thank you for all help!
by Eri  

Re:Where to buy kimono? 2008/1/13 20:09
The department store in Shinjuku or Nihonbashi is recommended.

Mitsukoshi,Takashimaya etc...
by kimkara rate this post as useful

Depends 2008/1/14 03:40
Where are you staying? I saw a store in Sushine 60 in Ikebukoro. There was another shop in Roppongi right outside the exit #5 for the roppongi station. The major department stores in Shinjuku have some as well. There's a place in Harajuku that you can buy them used as well.
by Nika rate this post as useful

depends 2008/1/14 12:15
kimono and kimono accessory are available all over Japan. There is at least one shop in every neighborhood. It all depends on what you are specifically looking for.

Nowadays there are also plenty of "recycle kimono" shops where you can purchase second hand for reasonable prices. New ones always cost a fortune.

If you are just looking for souveniors, they are also available at the airports.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Collecting... 2008/1/15 05:47
Well, I'll stay in Shibuya area, but for some good store I'm ready to go (almost) everywhere! :D

I'm especially looking for "kitsuke set" or "kimono wearing set" which includes for example obi-makura and obi-ita, as if there exist any.
I'm also interested about various obi and new and vintage kimono to some extent.
by Eri rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/15 10:53
A "kitsuke set (kimono wearing set)" is something you order at a beauty parlor in which you bring your own kimono, obi and under garments and they will put it on for you and do your hair.

If you want to purchase kimono for your own, here is a Japanese list of recycle kimono shops near Shibuya.
http://www.tsukuru.jp/kimono_get.htm

In particular, the following shop located near Omotesando seems to be popular among foreign visitors.
http://www.gallery-kawano.com/kawano.html

If you wish to purchase a brand new set of kimono necessities, they are available at any of the many department stores in Shibuya area and it will cost you about 10 times more.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread