Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip from Osaka to Mt Fuji 2008/1/14 11:48
I have a 7D JR pass and would like to know how to go from Osaka Kansai Airport (arr in the morning) to Mt Fuji Ryokan (Konanso). How long is the journey? Pls advise. Thks.
by Jan  

... 2008/1/14 12:13
1) take the Haruka Limited express from the airport to Shin-Osaka Station (fully covered, 50 minutes, 2 trains per hour)

2) take a hikari train on the Tokaido Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Mishima Station (fully covered, 2 hours by direct hikari, 1 direct train every 2 hours, a transfer is required otherwise)

3) take a local train on the JR Tokaido Line from Mishima to Numazu (fully covered, 5 minutes)

4) take a local train on the JR Gotemba Line from Numazu to Gotemba (fully covered, 30 minutes)

5) Take a Fujikyu bus from Gotemba Station to Kawaguchiko (1 hour, 1470 yen, not covered by Japan Rail Pass, 1-2 buses per hour)

It is also explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=2157_6900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Trip from Osaka to Mt Fuji 2008/1/14 12:37
Is there another option if I want to make full use of my JR pass to Mt Fuji from Osaka by taking the train instead of the bus?
by Jan rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/14 12:45
Is there another option if I want to make full use of my JR pass to Mt Fuji from Osaka by taking the train instead of the bus?

Yes, the one outlined in my first post. To reduce the number of transfers, note that you can also catch a bus from Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko Station, but you will have to pay a little bit more.

Trip from Osaka to Mt Fuji 2008/1/14 12:53
Does it make sense if I travel from Osaka to Tokyo and from Shimjuku Station to Otsuki Station and take the Fujikyu Railway to Kawaguchiko Station? How long will be the journey? Pls advise. Thks.
by Jan rate this post as useful

Or 2008/1/14 13:02
You could go to Kawaguchiko from Mishima by bus.

Connections:
Kansai Airport (abbr:KIX) 7:55--Haruka--9:05 Shin-Osaka 9:19--Shinkansen Hikari--11:29 Mashima 11:40--bus--13:50 kawaguchiko

KIX 10:16--Haruka--11:07 Shin-Osaka 11:19--Hikari--13:29 Mishima 14:00--bus / change at Gotemba--16:25 Kawaguchiko

KIX 12:16--Haruka--13:07 Shin-Osaka 13:19--Hikari--15:29 Mishima 15:40--bus / change at Gotemba--17:50 Kawaguchiko (Saturdays and holidays), or Mishima16:00 --bus / change at Gotemba--18:20 Kawaguchiko

The bus from Mishima to Kawaguchiko costs 2,130yen. You might want to buy a ticket to Kawaguchiko before boarding the bus at Mishima.

Happy travels.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/14 13:28
Does it make sense if I travel from Osaka to Tokyo and from Shimjuku Station to Otsuki Station and take the Fujikyu Railway to Kawaguchiko Station?

No. It is a big detour without any major advantage over the other route.

Osaka to Mt Fuji by train 2008/4/16 16:27
Hi Jan, I am just about to make the same trip, and was wondering which route you ended up taking to Mt Fuji?
by Sarah rate this post as useful

JR transport in Fuji area 2008/4/16 17:40
Jan,
If I understand your question that it is important for you to avoid any non-JR transport and any extra payment: No not possible. The way Uji san mentioned in the first post covers most by JR trains. But in the area around Fuji san and Kawaguchiko there is no JR transport, so you always will need a non-JR transport ( and this part is not covered by JR Rail Pass ) too.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread