Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yamato Luggage Delivery 2008/1/15 17:36
I would like to enquire about Yamato luggage delivery in Japan i) Kansai airport to Tokyo Crowne Plaza Metropolitan and ii) Tokyo Crown Plaza Metropolitan to Ramada Osaka.

1) Where do I go to arrange for my luggage to deliver to Tokyo hotel at Kansai Airport?
2) Can I arrange the luggage delivery in Crowne Plaza Metropolitan to Ramada Osaka? If not, where should I get it done?
3) Is it necessary to inform the hotel about such delivery? If yes, does it mean I only call after making the arrangement or can I inform the hotel before I travel to Japan?

by Jan  

... 2008/1/15 17:47
Where do I go to arrange for my luggage to deliver to Tokyo hotel at Kansai Airport?

At the luggage delivery counter:
http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/baggage/index.htm...

Can I arrange the luggage delivery in Crowne Plaza Metropolitan to Ramada Osaka?

Yes!

Is it necessary to inform the hotel about such delivery?

Not sure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Yamato Luggage Delivery 2008/1/16 07:28
1) When you exit the Baggage Claim Area, turn left and the baggage delivery service booths will be on your left near the end of the arrival lobby. You will be asked to fill out their form with your name, name of the hotel, address, etc. You are required to pay when they accept your luggage.

2) Yes. You can arrange to have your luggage forwarded to any hotel in Japan as well as to their booths in Narita Airport and Kansai Airport. Upon your arrival at the hotel, your luggage will be at the bellmen's desk/storage or you can inquire with the Front Desk. To forward luggage from the hotel to another hotel or location, the bell desk or Front Desk will accept your luggage and call the delivery service company for pick-up. You need to complete the same forms and pre-pay. Some will fill out the form for you whereas others will have you fill the form. You should allow at least 2 days for your luggage to get to the hotel.

3) It is not necessary to make advance arrangements with the delivery service companies and the hotels. The delivery service companies will accept your luggage for forwarding and the hotels will accept your luggage without advance notice or arrangements since this is their usual daily service.

I use Yamato and other delivery service companies when I travel in Japan to avoid the inconvenience of having to lug our luggage on the train and in commuting to our next hotel. They are very reliable and the cost per luggage is reasonable. I consider this as part of our travel cost, no different than the cost of airfare, rail pass, meals, etc. We use carry-on on wheels to pack what we need for about 3 days.

To simplify the process, on a sheet of paper, list all of your hotels in LARGER print with the name of the hotel, address, date of arrival and date of departure UNDER YOUR NAMES. Showing this to the delivery service companies or the hotel's staff to make it easier for them to fill in the form for you or if you have to fill in the form.

For our past seven trips to Japan, our luggages were always at our hotel when we checked-in. We also forward our luggage to the airport to the delivery service company's booth on the airlines departure level. Delivery service companies have one booth at the Arrival level and one on the Departure level. There is an additional charge for delivery to the airport and you should allow 2 or 3days for the luggage to get to the airport.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.
by Harold rate this post as useful

Detailed Info 2008/1/16 12:36
Hi Harold,

wow....thank you for the detailed info. I strongly agreed the delivery service will be of much help.
by Jan rate this post as useful

Luggage Delivery 2008/1/18 10:03
Jan:

The forms that needs to be filled in are in Japanese. At the airport, they usually fill in the form for you to speed the process. But, when you're at the hotel, some will ask YOU to fill in the information. Tell them that you don't read Japanese and to please help you fill in the form for you.

But, if you keep a copy of the previous receipt, you could fill in the form although it's in Japanese. The hotel's staff is always helpful so don't worry about this.

Have a safe and wonderful trip.
by Harold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread