Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yokohama Furri Kippu 2008/1/15 19:40
Hi..

I've read about JR Yokohama Free Ticket and Akaikutsu Bus from this link http://www.welcome.city.yokohama.jp/eng/tourism/walking/1090.... I would like to find out more about this but I cannot find it on the JR east webpage. I would appreciate your help very much. Thank you in advance.
by NiCoLe Y  

... 2008/1/15 22:23
It basically gives you a round trip to Yokohama and unlimited use of JR trains and the Akaikutsu Bus in central Yokohama. Anything specific you want to know?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Where to buy Yokohama Furri Kippu 2008/1/18 11:59
Thank you Uji. Yes, I would like to know where I can buy this ticket?
by NiCoLe Y rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/18 12:09
There exist several versions of the ticket, depending on from where you are leaving to Yokohama. The ticket can be bought at the respective JR stations or through travel agents.

The price for a departure from central Tokyo varies between 850 and 1320 yen, but the ticket is also available for departures from the Odawara area (1980 yen), Otsuki area (2930 yen), Chiba area (2200 yen) and Saitama area (1870 yen).
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/18 12:16
I've seen this particular ticket on sale at JR East stations in Tokyo, at the ticket vending machine. Browse though the menu (click english setting) and then click "discount tickets" and it should appear. It did at Shinagawa Station at least.

--
If you can't find it you can go to any JR East reservation office inside stations and ask for it:

"横浜フリーきっぷ"

(Print that out if you need to)

Here is the JR East page on it:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/tickets/info.aspx?GoodsCd=1002

by John rate this post as useful

Transportation to Hakkeijima included? 2008/1/18 12:33
Thanks alot for the information =). I'll be travelling to Yokohama from Tokyo. Actually I wish to go Sea Paradise in Hakkeijima. Is it cheaper for me to buy this particular pass?
by NiCoLe Y rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/18 12:58
If from Tokyo Station, it is good as far as JR Shin-Sugita Station. That comes out to 1240 roundtrip, and from Tokyo Station. The pass is only 1000yen from Tokyo Station. So that part will already pay itself off.

However at Shin-Sugita Station you need to change to a non-JR train to Hakkejima so you have to pay that portion to Hakkeijima.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread