Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting to Nozawa from Shiga Kogen 2008/1/16 09:37
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get from Shiga Kogen to Nozawa easily in one day? I am skiiing in Shiga Kogen for a week in Feb 08 and am desparate to visit a hot spring. From what I can see Nozawa is the place to do it! If there are some hot springs for human use (not the monkey ones!) closer to Shiga Kogen I would really like to hear about those too. Thanks! lil-one-80
by lil-one-80  

... 2008/1/16 10:19
The direct route 502 is closed in winter, so you have to go via Yudanaka and Iiyama. It takes about one hour. I assume you travel by car.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Plenty of Other Onsens 2008/1/16 10:54
Well, Yudanaka is an onsen, and so are nearby Shibu and Kanbayashi (a small one). I have been to Yudanaka a number of times. There are several public bathing facilities in town, and every hotel and ryokan presumably has its own baths, some of which are available for day use. Nozawa is much nicer in a sense (more of a classic onsen town, also more touristy) but Yudanaka is sure a lot closer. There are also several small hot springs (Hotaru, Kumanoyu, Kidoike) right in the Shiga Kogen area. Depending on where you are staying, your hotel might even have onsen bathing facilities. For example, see some of the hotels listed at http://www.shigakogen.gr.jp/english/

Nozawa is nice but if you don't have a car it might take you quite a while to get there. I'd rather be soaking in a rotenburo!
by Uma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread