Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My docomo email address doesn't work 2008/1/19 01:51
I can't get through this email address from USA. Any special step I need to take? Can I use my cell phone and send text message? Those two dots before @ seems to be declined by US internet. Help! the email is xxx-xxxx-..@docomo.ne.jp
by hiroko  

Docomo problems (FAQ) 2008/1/19 09:39
Hiroko,

See this thread...
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+27977

As you suspect, the two fullstops immediately before the "at" symbol are the cause of the problem here.

Any special step I need to take?

Ask the person to change their email address and remove the fullstops.

Can I use my cell phone and send text message?

I don't think you can send text to a Japanese phone, but there's no harm in trying if you know the number.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Have same problem! 2008/12/19 16:54
When i was in japan, two people gave me their docomo adresses but...i dont have such service back home so i was wondering how i can come in contact with these people. Their adress is in the following format: xxx-xxx-xxx...xxx.xxxx@docomo.ne.jp

hotmail declines it :/

thanks!
by viri rate this post as useful

FAQ 2008/12/19 17:27
Viri,

Read through the thread I gave the link to in the reply I posted above. It answers your question.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

text 2008/12/19 17:42
Dave - Just to clarify, you can send messages to Japanese phones from other countries. I am not sure if only some phones can do it or whatnot, but I can receive them with a softabnk phone. The only way I can send them a message is if I reply to one of their messages, otherwise it won't go through.
by Smoke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread