Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

- tarot readings i am a tarot reader 2008/1/20 13:25
- tarot readings i am a tarot reader would this be ok in japan? Can i do this for yen and get a working visa to do so legally.
bb lokigui
by lokigui  

Tarot reading 2008/1/20 20:09
Lokigui,

i am a tarot reader would this be ok in japan?

No problem, although you probably won't get many requests if you can't speak Japanese.

Can i do this for yen and get a working visa to do so legally.

Highly unlikely. Working visas generally require that you have an employer willing to sponsor you and guarantee a minimum salary of around 200K per month. Your best bet would be to get a full-time job with a work visa, and then do your tarot reading as a sideline.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thank you for your response. 2008/1/21 07:33
Dear Dave in Saitama Thank you. Can you I wish real hard offer me a position in Japan for 200k yen? I am making a joke BUT i would come. I would dearly love to do what I do in Japan. Again many thanks to you. My online site describing my abilities can be found here.:
www.suntarot.com
by lokigui rate this post as useful

coming to Japan 2008/1/21 08:20
There is no working visa category that covers tarot reader as a full time job. I know people who do it here but they are on spouse visas or have another full time job and do tarot reading as a sideline, as Dave says.

Also it would take a while to network and get to know enough people to make a regular income from the job- it is not the kind of job where you will be able to step off the plane and start earning enough to live on straight away or even within a few months.

I'm afraid if you want to come to Japan to do tarot reading you will have to take a more traditional route first- teach English or study, and then only if you qualify for the appropriate visa.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thank you Sira 2008/1/23 09:42
Dear Sira Thank you for your response to me. I suppose that I am asking a lot. Reading cards is what I do in my real job in Montreal. A working vacation was what is, what I have in mind. I will continue to pursue
Arigato Thank you
lokigui
by lokigui rate this post as useful

WHV 2008/1/23 10:19
Lokigui,

If you are Canadian and under 30, you qualify for the Working Holiday Visa. If not, as already mentioned, your options are extremely limited.

http://www.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/canada_e/VisaTravel/workinghol...
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread