Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation Fare and Food Price 2008/1/21 11:55
What is the cheapest transportation from Narita airport to Keio Presso Inn Higashi-Ginza and how much?

My budget for food is 8000 yen per day. Is it enough to buy food for breakfast, lunch and diner? i'll be stay at Ginza city.
by ct  

... 2008/1/21 13:41
What is the cheapest transportation from Narita airport to Keio Presso Inn Higashi-Ginza and how much?

1) Keisei Limited Express from the airport to Aoto
2) Asakusa Subway Line from Aoto to Higashi-Ginza

My budget for food is 8000 yen per day. Is it enough to buy food for breakfast, lunch and diner?

Yes, if you stick to low priced restaurants, of which there are many around Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Food 2008/1/21 23:32
Not sure what or where you plan to eat, but I've found I can eat quite cheaply in Japan. If you don't mind eating in your hotel room, you can pick up bento meals at the local C-stores (there is a Lawson and an am:pm within a block of your hotel). These are around 500-600 Yen and the C-store will heat them for you. You can also find cheap ramen chains everywhere. The hotel offers a free, but very basic, breakfast, which could save you some money. If the hotel offers guests the use of a microwave oven (some business hotels do), you could even pick up discounted bento boxes from department stores or supermarkets just before closing time.

BTW, I think Uji missed your question about the price of the train, which I believe would be 1100 Yen.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

8000 yen is plenty 2008/1/22 05:32
For a medium class fare (ie: mix of convenience store food, common restaurants, and the occasional pricey meal), 8000 yen is more than enough.

Example:
700 - breakfast
1300 - lunch
2000 - dinner
1500 - snacks/misc. food

That still leaves 2500 per day!
by segadcsonic rate this post as useful

reply to this thread