Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where does the COE come from... 2008/1/23 18:20
Hi,

I am in Japan on an Intra Company Transferee visa.
I have submitted documents for my Wife`s COE to my base company and they would be filing for her COE. What I wanted to know was incase of a Dependent`s COE, will the Japanese Consulate in India be issuing the COE..?? Or will it first come to the Immigration Department here in Japan and get issued from here..???
The reason I am asking is basically for timelines... I figured if the Consulate in India is issuing it, it would be faster....as against it coming here to Japan Immigration and getting issued from here... and then going back to my home country....
Thanks a lot.
by Ameen  

COE issue from inside Japan 2008/1/24 00:15
COE issued inside Japan and you'll need to sent the COE to you wife in India for visa application at Japanese Consulate..note that COE normally take about 1-3 months, maybe more/less..The certificate of eligibility is valid for 3 months from the date of issue and within the validity a visa should be obtained and landing in Japan should be done
by huds_n rate this post as useful

reply to this thread