Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Immigration Department in Nagoya 2008/1/25 18:19
Hi,

I would be filing for my Wife`s COE at the Nagoya Immigration Department. I just wanted to know the following things

a) Is there a thumb rule that applications for COE`s filed at regional immigration offices take more time/less time than the one`s filed in Tokyo..???

b) Also, my COE Application (which was done in Tokyo) had taken approximately 3 weeks to get processed. I am on an Intra Company Transferee visa. Does the Dependent COE take longer/shorter than a COE for Work Visa..??? Or is it the case that nothing can be said..???

c) Finally, if anyone has ever filed for a Dependent COE/Self COE in Nagoya Immigration Office, I would be very grateful if you could share the timelines with me....

Thanks a zillion in advance....
by Ameen  

... 2008/1/26 08:29
Is there a thumb rule that applications for COE`s filed at regional immigration offices take more time/less time than the one`s filed in Tokyo..???

First of all, the one in Tokyo is also a regional immigration office! The Nagoya Regional Office is on the same level as the one in Tokyo. It is the various branch offices, which are on a lower level, and I heard that applications submitted to branch offices will be sent to the corresponding regional office, which adds about two days to the process.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread