Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Shoji 2008/1/26 05:56
From the pictures I have seen on japan-guide.com it looks like Lake Shoji is one of the best places to go to get a good view and pictures of Mt. Fuji. I have read the the forum postings about the Five Lakes region and there is a hint on some of the pages that buses depart from Kawaguchiko for Lake Shoji. Does anyone have any more information on these buses such as a schedule, the route it takes and the cost?

Would it be better to rent a car rather than rely on the bus? If so can anyone suggest the best place that is close to the Five Lakes region to do so? I will be travelling from Tokyo so I would prefer to rent a car out near Fuji rather than try to drive from Tokyo.
by John  

... 2008/1/26 08:49
Yes, I think a rental car is the best means of getting around if you want to see the more remote lakes. The following site has good rates and an English reservation interface:
http://www.japan-guide.com/ad/coocom2.html

If you use the above website, I recommend to book through the Mazda outlet at "Fuji Kawaguchiko", which is located close to to the centrally situated Kawaguchiko Station.

Alternatively, there are infrequent buses to the remote lakes. Only about 5 bus round trips per day, I believe.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you Uji 2008/1/26 13:44
Uji, thank you for the information about renting a car. It looks like my best option since Lake Shoji seems to be so remote.

Hopefully I will get some great pictures of Fuji-san!
by John rate this post as useful

Lake Shoji 2008/3/22 21:09
I want to know the schedule for the bus bound for and back from Lake Shoji-Kawaguchiko station, please.
by Bas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread