Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

good japanese restaurant in puerto rico? 2008/1/27 04:15
I'm in search of a true Japanese restaurant in Puerto Rico. Any suggestions?
by chug  

hmmm 2008/1/28 07:52
Im sorry, I don't know about any Japanese restaurant in Puerto Rico. I'm from Puerto Rico and every Asian restaurant I have seen is Chinese food.

you may wonder why I posted if I do not know the answer; I didn't this question be left up in the air without any type of response.

Maybe you can try the yellowbooks?
by WhiteSharingan rate this post as useful

Japanese restaurant in Puerto Rico 2008/2/18 04:36
I believe that there is a Sushi bar in San Juan Puerto Rico. It's the only Japanese restaurant on the island.
by Frances Hernandez rate this post as useful

sushi restaurants 2008/4/13 08:42
there are several (at least 10 that i know of) sushi restaurants in PR - u just have to do your homework.
by bravo rate this post as useful

Japanese Restaurants in Puerto Rico 2008/5/27 04:53
Dear Friend:

There is one outstanding Japanese restaurant in Gaynabo, Puerto Rico. It is located right next to Blockbusters Video in San Patricio Plaza.

Hope this helps!!
by JosEAntonio Rivera Nevarez rate this post as useful

Saporo Si 2008/6/13 17:30
There is one in Plaza Las Americas - first floor - South end - can't remembe the name but when we go to Plaza we always lunch there
by John Woodson rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2008/7/12 13:34
Yeah, the one at Plaza Las Americas is called "Kyoto", I've been there a few times after conventions and stuff and the food is amazing. There's another restaurant called "Sakura" in Caguas...can't remember exactly where, though. Also there was one in Toa Baja (not sure if it is still open) called "Ichiban Teppanyaki" if I'm not mistaken. It's a little ways off Rio Hondo. Also there are many Japanese restaurants in the San Juan area and other areas frequently visited by tourists.

-Hope that helped ^_^
by Frances Camacho rate this post as useful

Japanese Restaurant in Puerto Rico 2009/2/3 04:38
Yamatos is the greatest!, at Hotel San Juan in Isla Verde
by Marta Cruz (guest) rate this post as useful

Go here for amazing sushi! 2009/2/14 16:43
good four seasons in Condado is my favorite sushi restaurant. Although they have chinese dishes, their sushi is very fresh and delicious. The quality of the one in Plaza las Americas has gone down drastically so I don't suggest it.
by Ashley (guest) rate this post as useful

Cherry Blosson 2009/6/24 15:10
Yes actually I have seen two Japanese restaurants in Puerto Rico in the area of Condado. I only remember the name of one of the restaurants; Cherry Blossom. I know people that have gone there and the food is great (according to them)
by lorena leon (guest) rate this post as useful

Good Japanese Restaurant in Puerto Rico 2009/7/5 02:43
J-Taste in Old San Juan is very good, it also has tepanyaki.
by Ignacio (guest) rate this post as useful

Hope this helps! 2009/7/23 09:19
I have been to a few Japanese restaurants here in Puerto Rico. The best ones in my opinion? Cherry Blossom in Condado and Nagoya (the one I like the most) in Isla Verde in the mall right after the Howard Johnson Hotel.
by Calei (guest) rate this post as useful

Hundreds 2009/8/21 23:07
There are hundreds of Japanese restaurants in the island, I'll mention a few out of the top of my head, just so that everyone who reads this may be able to look, choose and search for the number in the yellow pages or the PR Information Service (411): Four seasons, Kimpo Garden, Shogun, Momoyama, "J", Cherry Blossom, Kyoto, Tayzan, Sakura, Nagoya, Fusion Bee, Jinxa, Yamamoto, Wasabi, Kyoto, Red ginger, Great Taste, East, Ikebana... and others, I will post some other names, as soon as I remember. Hope this helps!
by J. (guest) rate this post as useful

Sushi Rest. 2010/1/28 05:58
That one @ Caguas, is great. I've been eating there almost weekly... Sakura is the name. Great food, it's cozy, the attention is excellent and th prices are reasonable. You will feel like home... Located @ Ave. Degetau.
by Charles (guest) rate this post as useful

What about... 2010/2/12 05:22
Sushi Hanna I believe is in Hato Rey if I'm not mistaken, I'm not from area metro but it's really close to Telemundo channel, costumer service is great as well as the food I recomend eal sushi roll is the best!!!. Hope that helps.
by Hella (guest) rate this post as useful

Many Japanese Restaurants in PR 2010/2/17 08:45
There are many Japanese Rest in P.R. One of my favorites is Ikebana there are 3 one in Isla Verde, one in Escorial and another in Guaynabo.

I have visited Yamato (Old San Juan), Momoyama Intercontinental Hotel in Isla Verde) (GREAT!) and Shogun (Good), Ichiban (OK)-few around.(Bayamon, Carolina in Colobos Mall). There are a few in Condado (Cherry Blossom, Wasabi-Very Good). There is pretty much one in each hotel in P.R. El Conquistador Hotel, and Ritz Carlton etc.

My upcoming will be J-Taste I here is excellent!
by Carla (guest) rate this post as useful

Wing Brothers Teppanyaki Restaurant 2010/2/22 10:13
Wing Brothers Teppanyaki Restaurant
road # 3, Fajardo 00738, Puerto Rico

Restaurant is not fancy, but clean.
Good food, excellent staff.Can't wait to go back next time i'm in PR
by Loves Puerto Rico! (guest) rate this post as useful

East 2010/3/10 01:00
East Asian Bistro, it has chinese and japanesse food it's in Plaza Guaynabo. They have teppanyaki and sushi bar. The phone number is (787) 620-8088
by Kerry (guest) rate this post as useful

I now 2010/7/12 14:59
The one in plaza on the first floor is Oriental Palace. I worked there for 2 years. Its Guaynabo by the way. There is a very good traditional restaurant in Miramar San Juan. Its called Osaka, it serves the usual combinations but it also has rice balls, udon, ramen and a some other traditional dishes. It is good on the wallet as well, at lunch the bento box includes a miso soup, 4 California rools, a salad with ginger dressing, your chose of fried or white rice and your chose of meat, poultry or fish for $9.25 if I remember corectly.
by Fanchy rate this post as useful

By the way 2010/7/12 15:02
Just so you now the Shogun closed like 2 the 3 years ago.
by Fanchy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread