Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sunrise Tours 2008/1/27 09:05
Hi all,

I'm considering taking the following 2 day tours from Sunrise Tours:

- Nikko & Kegon Waterfall
- Fuji/Hakone

Has anyone taken these tours before? Do you know if it includes all entrances fee? Thanks much!
by avu  

sunrise tours 2008/1/27 10:29
I've been on both of these Tours and I didn't have to pay extra for anything, and i had a great time on both of them.
by Philip rate this post as useful

About the Mount Fuji/Hakone tour 2008/1/27 18:46
Hello.

We enjoyed the Mount Fuji/Hakone tour last October and everything was included in the price. We were picked up at our hotel in Shinjuku and transferred to the Hamamatsucho bus station, where we hopped on the Sunrise Tours bus. We had japanese lunch at the restaurant in Hotel Regina. We arrived back in Tokyo at about 19:00 (we chose return by motorcoach, not Shinkansen). Everything ran smooth and we didn't have to care about anything else but enjoying the day... which we did!

Do not hesitate to ask if you think that we may be of further help.
by Angel & Silvia rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/1/28 04:31
Thanks so much for your advices! I'll take the Fuji tour if I don't have enough time to overnight in Fuji.
by avu rate this post as useful

Fuji-Hakone by motorcoach 2008/2/2 01:32
We want to book this tour for 3/29/08, but are having difficulty with the website. The return by bus appears to be 3,00 yen less than by Shinkansen. By train, the estimated arrival time is 8:00 p.m. You said that you returned by bus at 1900 (7:00 p.m.) That makes it faster than by train? Did I read that correctly? And where does the bus drop you off? Thanks in advance for your input.
by Virginia rate this post as useful

More about the Fuji/Hakone tour 2008/2/2 04:37
Hello again.

Actually, we have been checking the data recorded by the digital camera and the last photo of that day, taken at the top of the Komagatake ropeway (the end of the tour), is dated at 17:03, just before starting the return trip. So yes, I'm pretty sure that we were back in Tokyo at about 19:00 (19:30 at most, I'd say).

The day was quite foggy at Fuji 5th station and we didn't spend a lot of time there, and traffic was good during the whole day. Besides, noone in our tour had booked the return by Shinkansen, so we didn't stop at Odawara. I guess all those things saved us some time at the end of the day.

As of the drop-off, the bus stopped at a couple of major hotels in Nishi-Shinjuku for people to get off the bus (near the Hilton and Century Hyatt hotels, I think). That was convenient for us, so I don't know if any other drop-off service was offered afterwards (the bus was supposed to continue to Ginza to end the tour).

I hope this helps!
by Angel & Silvia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread