Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Short-term student exchange? 2008/1/29 02:01
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anybody knows if foreign students are able to do short term student exchange? I mean something like 1 month.

I know there are plenty of language courses, but I'd like to attend a local (high) school and stay in a hostfamily, like exchange students usually do.
In a language school I would meet only other foreign language students, is that true?

I know one girl who did a 3-week exchage arranged by her school. Sadly, my school doesn't do anything like that.
by iri  

. 2008/1/29 10:19
On the high school level and lower it is usually handed by the schools.

Language schools are usually for those who have already graduated from high school, but wish to learn Japanese to attend a Japanese university, so yes the students at language schools are not Japanese or Japanese who don't know Japanese.
by John rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/1/30 09:29
Thanks for your answer!

I know there are also organizations that provide exchange programs ( for HS students). I know many people who did exchange through such organization, not through school.

for example, AFS www.afs.org

But their programs in Japan seems to be at least one year. They have some summer programs to Germany and France and China and other countries, though.
by iri rate this post as useful

reply to this thread