Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aus to JPY Exchange ? 2008/1/29 08:55
Hi All,
I'm just curious what's the best way to exchange currency in Japan?

Normally I would just go with the local bank rate in Aus but our local banks are quite conservative in their rates and we are bringing enough to make it with while paying attention to the exchange rate.

Do japanese banks change Australian Tender and if so what's the going rate ?
by Ghostsight  

In Japan 2008/1/29 17:00
From what I have read here, its best to exchange when you are in Japan. Narita airport does it, but for the life of me, I cant remember the other places mentioned here. They have very good rates compared to exchanging in Aus.

by Nikay rate this post as useful

Experience says exchange in Australia 2008/1/29 17:47
Hi Ghostsight

You will get the worst xchange rate in Japan itself - around 10% less.

The best rate here is at the CBA - you can exchange online, or at any main branch.

I check the exchange rates daily and they always have the best rates by at least 2-3 cents over other banks and currency exchange companies.

When in Japan, the rate has always been around 10-15 cents worse per dollar - and on top of it there is always a fee to pay.

Better off exchanging as much cash as you can here, and falling back on local exchange only if needed.
by pixelkitty rate this post as useful

reply to this thread