Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I would like to move and work in Japan 2008/1/29 09:40
Hello everybody,

like the title said, I would like to move to Japan and work there. I have a Japanese girlfriend and we are very serious about my future in Japan.

I am 20 years old and i hold a high school degree. I have a Belgian passport and of course i live in Belgium.

however, i would like to go there for 90 days as a tourist and then try to change my status and start working...

is this possible?

thank you for your help, regards
by Moe  

. 2008/1/29 10:28
Moe with all due respect, there are dozens of topics on this already being discussed. Please use the "Search" function.

You can change your status in Japan, but not to a work-visa because you don't qualify for a work visa. If you married you can get a spouse visa.
by John rate this post as useful

FAQ 2008/1/29 10:32
Moe,

Similar questions have been answered in numerous other threads here, but without a university degree, you won't be able to get a work visa. Come back when you are married or have a degree.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

any ither solution? 2008/1/29 10:42
thanks for your fast answer, sorry but I've already checked other topics but i couldn't get the answers i needed.

so i cant get a work-visa but is there any other way to work in Japan without a work visa?

how can i do if i want to work in japan without a work-visa??

and also, how can i just stay in Japan...which kind of Visa do i need??

once again i want to say thank you for you faster answers...

kind regards

Moe
by Moe rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/29 10:48
so i cant get a work-visa but is there any other way to work in Japan without a work visa?

You can get married and get a spouse visa.

Otherwise your options are limited, you can become a student, but to become a student in Japan you need to have a lot of money and spend more money then you can make back. Also being a student you have to be a student full time and can't work immediately.

There is no limit on a spouse visa.

Student visa allows part-time work only.

FAQFAQFAQ 2008/1/29 10:51
Moe,

is there any other way to work in Japan without a work visa?

- Study in Japan on a Student visa and work part-time
- Be married to a Japanese national and have a Spouse visa
That's about it.

See above.

how can i just stay in Japan...which kind of Visa do i need??

You don't need any kind of visa just to stay in Japan. You can only stay in the country for 90 days, though, and you are not allowed to work.

more than 90 days 2008/1/29 11:44
once again thanks for the answers..

but how can i do to stay more than 90 days...

what do i need?

. 2008/1/29 11:55

what do i need?

You need a Visa.

Otherwise you need to leave Japan and attempt to re-enter (known as a visa run even though you don't need a visa), however these are always tricky to do and cover a grey area of the law, eg you can be denied re-entry.

FAQFAQFAQ 2008/1/29 12:00
Moe,

You can leave the country (to Korea, say) and return, but there is a small but possible risk that you won't get another 90-day Temporary Visitor visa if the immigration officer thinks you are actually in Japan for work.

wich kind of school 2008/1/29 13:29
what kind of school can i attend??

can i go to some language school to learn Japanese or just school like college or university??

. 2008/1/29 15:25
what kind of school can i attend??

can i go to some language school to learn Japanese or just school like college or university??

You can attend any school you like as long as you qualify and are accepted to enter those schools and meet immigration requirements for a student visa.

Belgium 2008/1/30 01:47
Belgium* doesn't do the working holiday thing with Japan?
by Hi rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/30 05:13
No they don't.

so how should i do 2008/1/30 10:27
thanks for you answer.

i wanted to know how should i do. i choose a school it should start in October, when should go to Japan?

where do i have to go to get that student visa? immigration office right?

kind regards
i will go on a tourist visa is it ok?i mean just with my passport.

. 2008/1/30 10:37
You need to get accepted into the school, the school provides the forms for you to fill out, you return the forms to the school, the school submits the forms to immigration.

reply to this thread