Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I've run out of yen... 2008/1/29 23:45
I going Hakone tomoro. I've run out of yen.

What time does money changer open? Are ther any at UENO JR station?

Is it worth it make a trip to hakone at this time? or is it better to go Matsushima area or AKITA area?.. Can I use credit card to purchase the Hakone free pass if required?
by helen  

. 2008/1/30 09:27
If you have run out of money don't take many longer distance or expensive trips! Makes sense to save money?

Any case:
Yes the Odakyu Sightseeing Service center where the Hakone Free Pass is sold takes credit cards.
by John rate this post as useful

ATM? 2008/1/30 10:25
You could try withdrawing money from an ATM, otherwise if you need a currency exchange place, I don't think they open until mid-morning.
by Keitm rate this post as useful

yen.. 2008/1/30 12:45
all the 7-11 have ATM taking foreign bank cards.Caution: I checked to make sure that they accept cards from the Cirrus and/or Plus network. Can't remember if it is both or only one of them as my cards work with either.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

7-11 ATM 2008/1/30 17:33
7-11 ATM is the best way. 24/7 365. So great for foreign travelers!
by DRJ rate this post as useful

Go to Daikokuya 2008/1/30 23:38
In Ueno, there is a place called Daikokuya that offers great exchange rates and usually is opened everyday except major holidays.
by Andrew rate this post as useful

reply to this thread