Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto rush hour 2008/1/31 12:28
I anticipate that my husband and I will arrive at JR Kyoto station at around 5pm on a weekday from the airport. We'll then be travelling on the Karasuma line to Marutamachi station. Will it be very annoying if we travel on the subway at this time with one large suitcase each? I'm more worried about annoying other commuters as I'm used to being squeezed into a rush hour train back home. If we waited an hour or so would it be better or would it be better to catch a taxi/cab from JR Kyoto station and if so roughly how much would that cost?

Thanks.
by Mel  

Dont worry 2008/1/31 18:50
You should be fine, just pack yourself in the corner. Kyoto isn't half as bad as Tokyo during rush hour lol. Though it can get busy.
by MarineUSMC rate this post as useful

A tip 2008/1/31 21:44
I usually try to find the subway car doors marked for wheelchair access. These are indicated either on the platform floor or on a sign on the far wall of the platform. These will not be any less crowded, but it means you can often maneuver your luggage out of the way of the doors and not have seating getting in your way.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread