Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

residency 2008/1/31 20:01
I am a foreigner, and I have stayed in Jpan for 6 months under my spouse visa. My husband is Japanese, and my baby is Japanese. If we divorce, can I stay in Japan for raising my baby there. Or, if I have to go back to my own country, how can my husband support my baby as the court order.
by yesterday girl  

. 2008/2/1 08:24
There are a few visa categories you can change over to, for example if you retain custody of your kids you might be able to apply for a "Long Term Resident visa" because your child is a Japanese national and you plan to raise them in Japan, despite its name it is valid from 6 months to three years, but I think you can renew it until they become an adult,but by then you could probably get Permanent residence. Its decided case by case though. But I have heard people in similar situations getting that visa "long term resident" that is.

Alternately you can change to a work-visa if you qualify.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread