Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurashiki train station 2008/2/1 00:12
Hi,
does anyone know if the Kurashiki station in Okayama prefecture has large coin lockers to leave luggage in for the day? If not do you think it would be possible to leave them with station staff? I would like to stop here for half a day and look about before continuing on. Shipping luggage to next destination is not an option as I will be staying in remote area with no hotel reception. Any suggestions on where else in Kurashiki I could leave luggage for the day?
Thanks
by Buria  

. 2008/2/1 08:50
I don't believe Kurashiki station has any luggage lockers, but depending on where you are coming from, there are lockers at Okayama station. Maybe you could drop your luggage there?
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

No good 2008/2/1 08:58
Thanks but I am coming from Hiroshima. I will just have to hope that the station staff take pity on me and hold it for me.
by Buria rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/1 09:00
The station at Kurashiki has a small staff, last time I was there they were still checking tickets the old fashion way (no automatic gates, it might be different now).
However, I'm not sure if they will be able to hold your luggage for you.

There is a department store and hotel connected to the station, and a friendly tourist information center near the station that might be able to help you better.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/1 09:03
I don't know if it has reopened, but the department store was out of business when I was there last April.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

mmmm 2008/2/1 09:55
thanks for everyone's help. Maybe a local hotel with take pity on me or I might try asking the ryokan I am staying at in 3 days time to take my luggage early. Or is that a bit rude? I guess the other option is to go a bit further to Okayama station, store the bags there for 2 days and take the train back. I think it is only a few more stops and I will be passing by there a few days later. I just hope I can get a large locker in Okayama.
by Buria rate this post as useful

reply to this thread